Why Choose Knight Group?
- Employs over 400 people.
- Fully CSCS trained workforce.
- Large fleet of owned plant.
- Large and extensive in house plant fleet.
- NRSWA supervisors and operatives.
- Wide range of Services.
- Essex, Kent, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Highways approved.
- AWA & Thames water approved contractor.
- CHAS accredited.
- CQMS accredited.
- SMAS accredited.
- ISO 9001 accredited.
- CITB accredited training.
- In house CDM & CDMC facilities.
- Turnover in excess of £50 Million.
- Versatile, experienced, approachable & financially robust.
Enabling works & groundworks
Client: Bellway Homes
Contract Value: £8 Million
Knight group are undertaking the Remediation, enabling works and groundworks on a new 231-home estate, hospice and office to be named after one of Southend’s most famous manufacturers.
The former Prittlebrook Industrial Estate, in Priory Crescent, Southend, is being redeveloped by Bellway Homes who have named the new development in honour of EK Cole, the electronics company which occupied the site from 1930 to 1967.
The first of the new homes will be ready by summer 2017, with the hospice coming later in the major redevelopment project.
Following an archaeological investigation into the site, which contains a number of Second World War air raid tunnels, the enabling works will be completed to provide a development platform for the client.