Why Choose Knight Group?
- Employs over 400 people.
- Fully CSCS trained workforce.
- Large fleet of owned plant.
- Large and extensive in house plant fleet.
- NRSWA supervisors and operatives.
- Wide range of Services.
- Essex, Kent, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Highways approved.
- AWA & Thames water approved contractor.
- CHAS accredited.
- CQMS accredited.
- SMAS accredited.
- ISO 9001 accredited.
- CITB accredited training.
- In house CDM & CDMC facilities.
- Turnover in excess of £50 Million.
- Versatile, experienced, approachable & financially robust.
Remediation, Groundworks, Infrastructure and RC Frames
Client: Bellway Homes Essex
Contract Value: £13 Million
Location: Chelmsford Essex
J L Knight Roadworks are undertaking the remediation, the installation of the infrastructure, the foundations up to DPC on the traditional plots and the Reinforced concrete podiums to the blocks of flats on all phases of the redevelopment.
The Marconi building was a telecommunications factory where Guglielmo Marconi pioneered long-distance radio transmission, and the home of the first-ever commercial entertainment broadcast. It opened in 1912 and closed in 2006 and is now being redeveloped to provide more than 400 homes, a mix of one-to-four bed, are being built on the historic site, with the completion date set for 2017. The iconic water tower and power house are being retained and converted