Why Choose Knight Group?
- Employs over 400 people.
- Fully CSCS trained workforce.
- Large fleet of owned plant.
- Large and extensive in house plant fleet.
- NRSWA supervisors and operatives.
- Wide range of Services.
- Essex, Kent, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Highways approved.
- AWA & Thames water approved contractor.
- CHAS accredited.
- CQMS accredited.
- SMAS accredited.
- ISO 9001 accredited.
- CITB accredited training.
- In house CDM & CDMC facilities.
- Turnover in excess of £50 Million.
- Versatile, experienced, approachable & financially robust.
Commencing Summer 2018 - Register your interest with us today!
The Knight Group apprenticeship has been set up to give you the construction skills required to kick-start a career in the industry. With over 40 years in construction, Knight Group can offer a range of expertise, knowledge, and skill to those seeking an exciting career within the industry.
- Installing drainage and service ducts
- Erecting and dismantling a basic working platform
- Setting out
- Block paving
- Steel fixing
- Excavation Support
On successful completion, you will be awarded the following:
- Level 2 Construction Technical Certificate.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- City and Guilds 6156 Street Works Units 1 and 2
- In addition to this, our apprentices will be put through Plant training to gain their CPCS License, which qualifies them to operate dumpers and rollers.
Includes an on-site placement and either block release or day release at college.
Each apprentice will have their own mentor to help and support them.
Consists of employer-based work experience on construction sites.
Assessment is carried out on site and through work-based evidence.
What are current apprentices say:
“I would definitely recommend the apprenticeship. No two days are ever the same. You are learning new things all the time and it’s all contributing to you progressing in your career”
(Jack, Groundworks Apprentice)
“I just wanted to get straight into a job and I didn’t want to go to college for 2 years full-time. The apprenticeship gave me the opportunity to earn money, learn on the job and study, all in one”
(David, Groundworks Apprentice)
work experience can commence from July/August to kickstart the apprenticeship. We require a minimum of 2 weeks work experience on our sites prior to enrolling on the college course.
If you would like to find out more information about apprenticeship opportunities for Summer 2018 please call our recruitment team on 01376 574451.
We look forward to hearing from you!