Welcome on board to our new apprentices!
Why Choose Knight Group?
- Employs over 400 people.
- Fully CSCS trained workforce.
- Large fleet of owned plant.
- Large and extensive in house plant fleet.
- NRSWA supervisors and operatives.
- Wide range of Services.
- Essex, Kent, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Highways approved.
- AWA & Thames water approved contractor.
- CHAS accredited.
- CQMS accredited.
- SMAS accredited.
- ISO 9001 accredited.
- CITB accredited training.
- In house CDM & CDMC facilities.
- Turnover in excess of £50 Million.
- Versatile, experienced, approachable & financially robust.
Apprentices September 2018
“At the Knight Group we recognise the importance of investing and recruiting for our apprenticeship scheme. The scheme encourages people to join the industry by creating good career opportunities and contributes to the labour short fall that the industry is facing. Our aim is to ensure that good training, advanced safety awareness and ongoing development are provided for our apprentices. We are also continuing to invest and work with local schools and colleges to help fill the opportunities we have to offer. On behalf of all of the Directors I would like to wish our new apprentices the best of luck and welcome them to the company” Dan Burke (Construction Director)
We would like to welcome our new intake of apprentices to Knight Group for 2018. With over 40 years in construction, the Knight Group can offer a range of expertise, knowledge and skill to those seeking and exciting career within the industry.
The programme has been set up to give our apprentices the construction skills they require to kick-start their career in the industry. The two year programme will include practical training in; installing drainage and service ducts, erecting and dismantling a basic working platform, setting out, block paving, kerbing, steel fixing, formwork and excavation support.
The programme consists of an on-site placement and day release at Otley College in Ipswich, Suffolk, where they will be based for one day a week. The second year consists of employer-based work experience. Assessments are carried out on site and through work based evidence. Each apprentice has also been appointed a personal mentor, who will help and support them throughout their 2 year training programme.
On successful completion, our apprentices will be awarded the following:
- Level 2 Construction Diploma in Construction Operations
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- City and Guilds 6156 Street Works Units 1 and 2
Subsequent to this, our apprentices will be put through Plant training to gain their CPCS License, which qualifies them to operate dumpers and rollers.
For enquires about future apprenticeship opportunities, please contact Laura.Lawrence@knightgroup.co.uk